Can't increase pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our bedroom rad in a newly plumbed system has loads of cold spots - the tallest highest rad in house, so presumed air but when I bleed only a small amount of air comes out (re: my post a couple of days ago). Can sometimes hear water moving inside, almost like slight squelching sound. Managed to get a fair bit of air out last night (15º and baby is in that rm too!) Have tried to open the tap to vessel but cos pressure now so low, that if I open the bleed nut, not even water comes out!... but pressure won't rise at all, as if no water's getting ion, but ball valve on main is definitely open. Turned pressure relief valve and water comes shooting out, any ideas???

Sponsored Links
Is it a combi boiler? water is not fed from tank but mains, should be a filling loop under boiler and pressure gauge on boiler, see if it's low.

Sorted now, couldn't see the 2nd tap on the filler loop :0 Doh!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back