cant lock double glazed doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had to call out the joiners 3 times now to newly fitted doors which keep either not locking or locking then being unable to open them.
We were told they needed 'heel and toed' (or thats what it sounded like) but how many times can we expect to need this done before the doors will all work properly and continue to do so for more than a day or two?

Sponsored Links
toffee said:
We were told they needed 'heel and toed' (or thats what it sounded like) but how many times can we expect to need this done before the doors will all work properly and continue to do so for more than a day or two?
I'm afraid the answer should've been correctly fitted on the first day :!:

I can understand it if it's wear and tear over the years

toffee said:
We have had to call out the joiners 3 times now to newly fitted doors which keep either not locking or locking then being unable to open them.

as masona says they should be fitted properly in the first place

why not just let the rabbits loose on the doors they will soon "loosen" the tight bits :LOL: :LOL: ;)

thanks boys...

Im going to let myself loose on those fitters.
Im really mad with them, just taking the mick out of me and/ or they are poorly skilled.

Im really disappointed, we paid forty eight grand for one room downstairs plus utility and toielt and one room upstairs, ensuite and dressing room. No making good, inside or outside.

Im disappointed with the untidy, poor work.

sorry guys... and thanks for your help.
Im just disappointed.
Things seemed to go really well and now the piddly things are going on and on and on.

Sponsored Links
its the piddly things that take the time, and they are desperate to get out to the next job. probably too late, but best to withold some money till theyve completed all the jobs on your snagging list you want done. Theyll probably be more receptive if you can get all the faults down on a list, as at least they can sort them all out in one go, rather than keep getting called back

thanks thermo.. I will do that.
I feel guilty asking them to come back and sort things...

Its a balancing act trying to be firm but remain friends.

I dont envisage taking on another big expense like this but if ever we do, I have learned by a lot of mistakes and I am too gullible.

You are not friends - you are employers!

A lot of ****** out there are good with the old chat - you feel as though you are their bestest buddy when , in fact, you are their employer. Do you think Alan Sugar would have his staff smarming round him & put up with half-@rsed work?

As has already been said - they should have been fitted correctly in the first place - although any half-decent chap should be able to toe&heel the door fairly quickly and easily, after all, it isn't rocket science.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back