Can't open .pdf files

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I sent a relation some PDF files as email attachments (these are of the 1851 census via Genes Connected) but she gets error message:

"Can not start Microsoft Outlook. Can't open file C:Windows:emporary Internet files/content.IE5/a1M4AQY8/Eldrige British1878Q31,p ...
The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another programme. Right click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder.

Clicking properties does not help!"

I advised her to download the latest Acrobat reader, save the file in My Docs, start Acrobat, and try opening it with "file" "Open" but this did not work either.

I asked about OS and PC, she says "I run Windows ME.
I have 256 Ram memory - and it says only 11% free - as I have Genes reunited and something else running.
I have a Dell Dimenson 8100 - but it is getting old. and no, I haven't done a Windows up date recently"

Any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
You could try getting rid of any temp files etc., but ME was a pain in the arse at the best of times.

agreed :(

In ME was it "Tools" "Internet options" "Delete"?

JohnD said:
agreed :(

In ME was it "Tools" "Internet options" "Delete"?

That would be a good place to start. (Closely followed by FDISK, FORMAT... :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
pdf.gif

Back