Can't reply in a thread

Sponsored Links
I can reply in other topics.

Other people can reply in the advert promises one.

Try again; the site is known for it's hiccups. I take it you hadn't inadvertantly logged out - just checking.

Is it still not working @ban-all-sheds ? Maybe communication between your browser & the server was interrupted. If it still doesn't work, what happens when you click the 'More options' button and try to post that way? There is no 'admin'/permission reason why you can't post to that thread.

Try again; the site is known for it's hiccups.

Is it? We have very few reported issues proportional to traffic, even less since the move to the new forum software a couple of years ago.

Sponsored Links
Pictures don't always display. I've got a fibre connection, and a Win 10 PC, but the site can lock, whilst other tabs keep working. There a lot of niggles every now and then that show the sites not as stable as it could be. The mods may keep an eye on things, but you can't get a response from them, and reporting abusive posts achieves little. Admin email doesn't achieve anything either.

All reports made to the mods are looked at, if the report is valid and abusive posts have been made they are removed. I don't seem to have received any emails from you unless you email has changed, have you sent them to [email protected]?

Yes, about 4/5 months ago, got no reply. I've reported abusive posts, and not even had the courtesy of a reply that it's being looked into. We know the mods exist, but the way they carry on, leaves a lot to be desired.

Is it still not working @ban-all-sheds ?
It is still not working.

Maybe communication between your browser & the server was interrupted.
I tried several times, over more than one day, and during all that time I was able to post in other topics.

I've since shut down and restarted my browser, and the problem persists.

If it still doesn't work, what happens when you click the 'More options' button and try to post that way?
The same - I can type in the reply box, but when I click the Post Reply button, that greys out, a few seconds later goes blue again, and the reply box is still there, with my reply, and nothing gets posted.

Tried a forced refresh - made no difference.

Logged off and closed the connection.

Cleared the browser cache.

Deleted all diynot cookies.

Restarted browser.

Logged on again.

Still cannot post in that topic.

Some weird things happen to me also, like being unable to reply in some threads, even though they are not locked.
I just assumed it was a mod exploiting his/her authority.

Do you see this at the bottom of the page:

screenshot_1386.jpg

?

If so you've been locked out by a Mod.

In the topics in question, does quoting work? Can you start to type a reply?

I've had the issue a couple of times, and haven't had the lack of privellleges message, but I'm also noticing lately, that you block a post, and the quotes message often doen't come up, and you need to use the option on the side of the page.

That is what I assumed, but why, and no message, no comment.
No - as far as the Mods are concerned they are utterly unaccountable, and can never be asked to explain or even to try to justify their actions, and they make sure that they use their powers to delete posts and shut people up in order to maintain their position. They behave in just the same way that dictators behave when they get questioned - use force to silence any dissent.

Even when they are clearly wrong they will never admit it, never engage with the people they have wronged, and never, ever do they apologise.

So some mod is exploiting their authority to prevent me from replying to their comments.
That is sneaky!
It's what they do.

I hope you read this soon, for they will probably delete it.

Sponsored Links
Back