Can't scan - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd been using the same PC for years. I also used an Epson Stylus Photo RX420 for printing/scanning.

I recently bought myself a new PC but now I can't see the printer/scanner.

I installed the Epson printer/scanner software (drivers from the internet), I can see the printer/scanner in my control panel, there used to be some software on my PC that would allow me to enter details about the scan.

How do I get this back? - I can't find the original discs that came with the scanner/printer.

Hope that makes sense, many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes I have Vista.

I have downloaded that software -thank you.

I can see the printer in my control panel, but I don't have any software that allows me to start the scan. It was an icon on my old PC, I used to input information, like; how many copies I wanted, where I wanted to save the scan to etc.

?

Sponsored Links
Smart panel is the software programme that allows you to decide what you want to do with & what format you want to save the document in, that you have scanned. With my Epson Scanner it was part of the instalation/driver disk & you access it through start/all progams/ epson smart panel. I am not sure if that is how vista operates or even if you had that facility with your scanner, but mine is an epson 1260 on xp.

That's right, I used to scan using that facility. But I must have thrown the driver/installation disc years ago, now I don't have that facility on my new PC.

Thought there was maybe a way I could download the drivers from the internet or something to give me that facility again.

Thanks for helping.

Great, I now have the smart panel back, it's exactly the same as before.

I've just tried to scan but each time I try a message comes up saying 'please install the supported TWAIN panel'.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

No that didn't work, my computer screen froze and now every time I log on instead of getting google as my front page I'm getting that Ask Geeves thing.

I really appreciate your help, its very kind of you to try and help but I think I'll buy a new scanner - mine is getting on a bit anyway.

Sponsored Links
Back