Cant secure loose bath tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My far side bath tap is loose. (Both taps are adjacent the wall.)
I am having great difficulty in gaining access to the locknut of the loose bath tap.
Is there a secret method to secure the loose far side bath tap, without removing the bath?
I do not wish to remove the entire bath to simply secure a locknut.
Please advise.
Thanking all repliers in advance.

Sponsored Links
Getting to tap nuts is a total b"""""d isn't it. Have you tried a tool called a basin spanner? How is your tap connected? by a flexible tap connector? If it is by a flexible tap connector you can unscrew the bottom another tool you can use is a long round metal thing with two shaped ends (I bought mine from DoItAll) one of which fits onto tap nuts and turns them much more easily than a basin spanner. However you do it is rarely easy it seems

Problem with basin spanners, as I found out this afternoon, is that the backnuts for the taps won't necessarily fit.

I bought a Wickes bathroom suite (not one of the really cheap ones) and the bath tap backnuts are about 2mm too wide for the basin spanner but of course the flexible tap hoses are perfectly sized (so it isn't the spanner at fault).

Adam, I have three different kinds of backnut spanners: The ones with the long rod which curls and grips on the nut, the thick shafted one with two fixed spanner heads at either end, and the hollow pipe shaped one with two backnut shaped holes at either end. Which one were you using?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Peter

I need to obtain the three different types of spanners that you had mentioned.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back