Canterbury Conservatories

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been stung by these cowboys and had windowns fitted but now they have problems with them and i think they have gone into liquidation. In talks with the fianance company and hopefully they will get something done about it. If anyone has had dealings with this company let me know.

Sponsored Links
I assume you have a 10 year insurance backed guarantee? That would be my next port of call, what problems have you got?

Yes, had conservatory and windows fitted, mainly OK but with some minor issues. The Insurance backed warrentee was never issued and now trying to get the Finance Company (Barclays) to sort it out is incredibly painful.

CC were a joke, customer service was shocking Mr Docker and Co. should be ashamed of themselves, however the sub contract tradesmen were actually OK.

Anyone else?

There was a multipage thread on Canterbury within the last 18 months, not happy customers of course.

A search should find it.

Sponsored Links
A quick google brings up some interesting reading, going back to 2008....

lied to throughout the process..

having similar problems going on 25 weeks now..

It's been over 6mths and it's not finished..

canterbury are a terrible firm..

3 sets of windows and still it's letting in water..

Their service is department is the worst in the world, the fob you off with repeated lies..

A firm to avoid!![/i]

If you purchased on finance then they are responsible for sorting it, check with you local CAB.

i'm a bit puzzled as I thought that the last thread said they had closed down after going bankrupt. Was it not the case ?

From the information that i have learnt over the last few weeks, they are part of the Burnden Group from Lancashire, and are somehow linked to K2 who share the same site, however K2 will NOT honour Canterbury Warrantees, but Barclays Partner Finance are getting K2 to carry remedials on customer complaining about workmanship - confused!!.

K2 definately seemd to be linked and part of this, but i am unable to prove.

So if you have unifinshed or unsatifactory work, then Barclays are to be contacted (should you have finance).

However barclays are also playing a odd game and will not satisfactorly respond to sorting out the warrenty issue. And although they are prepared to tell us on the phone that they will undertake the warranty, they will not put it in writing - Odd!!

As far as Canterbury is concerned, they have dissapeared, and it doesn't take a detective to realise that this is a pattern from the last 5 or 6 years, and you need to make Staffordshire Trading Standards aware.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back