Caple appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got any of them or worked with any of them?

My kitchen design guy has suggested a Caple fridge/freezer and I was looking on their website at integrated dishwashers but I just wondered what they were like for quality/reliability.

Does anyone know?

Sponsored Links
Maurice Lay Distributors are one of the large kitchen distributors in the UK and have been around for some time. In the 1980’s they launched their own budget brand of appliances under the Caple name.
Budget brand and budget appliances and this is reflected in the overall quality.
Spares pricing isn’t too bad although there can be difficulty in obtaining spares and technical information, notably for the Chinese produced appliances.

Basically, Caple make nothing, they just rebrand lower end appliances.

Would you steer clear of them then? I'd rather spend the extra and get a name I know and that's reliable than save money now only to have to replace it a few months down the line.

if sleepyhead says they are at the cheap end of the market, invest in a barge pole and use that.

i am curios as to why your man said to get a brand (almost) no one has heard of, i wonder would he have got them for you? (how much commision would he have got)

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure why he's recommended them cos all my other appliances are Neff (oven, hob, extractor, dishwasher) and it's only 60 quid difference between this Caple one (which apparently is trade only) and the Neff one - the only difference really is the Caple one is frost free and the Neff one isn't (and the Caple one has wire shelves, the Neff has glass).

I've never had a frost free freezer before so I guess what I've never had I won't miss and how often do ya need to defrost your freezer anyway (about twice a year in this house!!)

Should I just stick with Neff all round then?

Thanks for the advice. My gut instinct was right then - stick with what I know. Plus the Neff has a two year guarantee on it!!

Now I've just got to make up my mind about my units - thought I'd made the decision but now I can't decide between two.

It ain't easy this getting a new kitchen!

Neff is good enough. Posh version of the Bosch and Siemens machines (All part of the Bosch group).
Look around though, Siemens sometimes have a 5 year warranty offer and it's woth paying a few quid extra for it.
Watch that they fit the dishwasher properly, if you've got a tiled floor, tile under the machine too or you'll have problems getting it out for repair. (Same for the washing machine too, if it's in the kitchen).

The guy did say that Neff and Bosch were one in the same (so at least he wasn't bullshitting me there). He's the Neff dealer, so I think I'm getting a not bad price on the stuff - the integrated fridge/freezer is gonna be £390 or there abouts (I can't remember the exact figure). I think it's just a basic, bottom of the range one, but hopefully it'll do the trick.

http://www.neff.co.uk/K8524.html

I've not made up my mind what to do with the floor yet. I was gonna do Karndean but then veered towards really decent lino (which is probably the same bloomin difference), but whatever I put down, I'm gonna get ply laid on the floor first cos the boards are a bit uneven - old house. I'm not convinced on tiles - I tend to drop crockery!!!!
:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back