Caple Range Cookers

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by sushiguru, 11 Aug 2009.

1. sushiguru

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Probably off-topic, but I'm struggling to find out any information about Caple the company, or their products - reviews wise. We're approaching completion of our kitchen extension and are now in the position of picking appliances to put in it (yay!). The Caple 9200 looks like a great range for our needs, but we're hesitating due to the lack of impartial review information.

Does anyone here have experience of Caple (or this cooker specifically)? Have tried all the usual review outlets to no avail...

Cheers,
    Gary.

2. stephenf8542

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I worked for a student housing company who used to install caple by the hundreds.They were a nightmare most broke down ,spares were hard to get wouldnt recommend them at all

3. sushiguru

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ta for that. Guess I'll stick with Rangemaster or another well known (and expensive) brand :unsure:

Gary.

4. kevindgas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I was a repair agent for Caple and Cuisina about 4 years ago they are not very good and Lofra avoid like the plague as well
    stick with Flavel/Leisure reasonably reliable kit

5. sushiguru

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Cheers for that. Guess Caple are *def* off the menu then. Saw Leisure and Flavel yesterday, looking good.

Only thing now is the missus wants an induction hob, and looks like only Britannia do them, and my pockets suddenly got deeper...

G.