Capping round bends

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning on using capping over a 6mm T+E cable. OK for the straight part, but what do I do on the bends as there's a min bend radius that's quite large? Do I just not cap the bends? Don't want BCO to object. Steve.

Sponsored Links
Is this for a concealed cable or surface mounted?

If surface mounted use this for 25 x 16mm trunking. If this will not fit the size of the bend then fit a bend for a larger sized trunking and fit the appropriate sized adaptors.

If concealed you should avoid the change of direction - take it to the ceiling and drop it down where you need it.

Davy the cable will run in a chase cut in the existing plaster. I will then put plasterboard over the top. The BCO said that I should use capping (so better do as he suggests). My cable will run vertical up the wall and will then arch round (observing bending radius guidelines) through 90 degrees to run horizontal just below the ceiling. As far as I can see, capping is good for protecting straight runs, just don't know what to do about the bend. Steve.

Hello Steve,

As your work is being inspected etc, is the 'run' within the 7671'zones' ???

Ed.

Sponsored Links
Yes, definitely will be in the safe zones. To be a bit clearer the cable will be 6mm squared T+E so the bend radius will be about 40mm minimum. Steve.

Just cap up to the bend and pick up when it straightens out again. You could also try heating it up with a heat gun and then bending the capping to the radius you need but this isn't necessary.

as long as it is in the safe zones it does not need capping...

the BCO's should be conversant with the regs if they are to enforce them..

plactic caping is a waste of time as it offers no protection whatsoever besides providing a gap from the plaster..

why do you need to bend it at ceiling height, can you not just go into the floor void and route it from there? then it would only be straight drops..

steve1811uk said:
Davy the cable will run in a chase cut in the existing plaster. I will then put plasterboard over the top. The BCO said that I should use capping (so better do as he suggests). My cable will run vertical up the wall and will then arch round (observing bending radius guidelines) through 90 degrees to run horizontal just below the ceiling. As far as I can see, capping is good for protecting straight runs, just don't know what to do about the bend. Steve.

Dont bother chasing in or capping as it sounds like your going to be drylining anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back