Car Insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey, some surprisingly good news!

This time last year, having just bought a motor again after being without my license for a while, I spent the afternoon phoning around insurance companies (the online sites like moneysupermarket and confused.com tend not to be able to quote online if you have convictions) and the best was Zurich, which I went with.

They sent me their renewal quote last week, which is 39% lower than last year or almost £20 per month cheaper- obviously that's a years NCB plus whatever I get for being another year older!

Naturally I phoned around again, but I just couldn't beat it anywhere. (actually there was one slightly cheaper quote but I'd never heard of the company and there was no breakdown cover included).

So I went with the renewal, and on Saturday a 15" LCD telly turned up as a "Thank You" free gift! Happy days!!! :D [/b]

Sponsored Links
What a rip off when you change your insurance to another car..

""""£30 for the paper work""""" :evil:

won't be going with them next year.

Sponsored Links
...after being without my license for a while...
You can't just drop that into the middle of a sentence and not explain...!!!!

EDIT: I need to read ALL posts! I see you already replied ninebob, Sorry. I have deleted my response and I edited only a few seconds after so I doubt anyone read my input (most don't :eek: :) ). Anyway, as you were chaps!...

...after being without my license for a while...
You can't just drop that into the middle of a sentence and not explain...!!!!
It was very well explained at the time.
Linky??
I might be wrong Shytalkz but I don't think ninebob wants to elaborate on the issue that's why I edited my reply and removed the reasons he has been 'without his licence for a while'. If he wants to state the reasons again that's up to him obviously.

The original topic (from February 2005) is here and the outcome was posted here, I don't mind it being revisited especially if it helps dissuade others, it's just that it was a relatively long time ago and obviously quite embarrassing. As mentioned, I've been back on the road since last November, insurance is coming down again, and it's not a string of events I ever intend to repeat.

nine- I think you've been quoted very favourably there indeed!

I was with Zurich, and my crime was to have three relatively minor bodywork claims in 3 years which knocked me back to 0%.

Last year (my first for 23 years with 0%) they quoted well into 4 figures. I went elsewhere for a yearly premium of £900-odd.

This year (with 30% NCB) they have agreed to quote (for £968), but I went with the other company at £630.

Bearing in mind I live in a decent area and am 42 with an annual private mileage not exceeding 12K, I think this is a little steep.... ;)

Sponsored Links
Back