Car Insurance

ninebob, I'm sure you know now that what you did was stupid to say the least.

I take a VERY dim view of Drink Driving. Years ago my younger brother was standing on the pavement with a friend and got hit by a Drink Driver who mounted the kerb. My brother was taken to hospital and had to have emergency surgery. The surgical team told us they had to revive him 3 times in the operating theatre. Thankfully he survived! So as you will appreciate and as I say, I take a VERY dim view of Drink Drivers. You say its not a 'string of events you ever intend to repeat' and I sincerely hope you keep to that. To ANYONE who does this sort of thing, I will tell you and I'm sure Simon will tell you (I hope its ok to call you by your name Simon), its not the damage you do to yourself, I couldn't care less what damage you do to yourself if you chose to drive whilst under the influence, that's your fault and your problem, its the damage and destruction you cause to everyone else that matters. STOP BEING SO BLOODY SELFISH. THINK ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS!

I better stop there!

securespark, your quote must be getting escalated due to something surely? I mean if we take Simon's quote. I know he didn't actually state how much he was quoted but it seems a great deal and a TV to boot! and his record (sorry to go on Simon), but he seems to be making your quote sound ridiculous secures. ninebob are you willing to say how much your quote is?

Sponsored Links
Blasphemous";p="1032713 said:

I take a VERY dim view of Drink Driving. Years ago my younger brother was standing on the pavement with a friend and got hit by a Drink Driver who mounted the kerb. My brother was taken to hospital and had to have emergency surgery. The surgical team told us they had to revive him 3 times in the operating theatre. Thankfully he survived! So as you will appreciate and as I say, I take a VERY dim view of Drink Drivers. You say its not a 'string of events you ever intend to repeat' and I sincerely hope you keep to that. To ANYONE who does this sort of thing, I will tell you and I'm sure Simon will tell you (I hope its ok to call you by your name Simon), its not the damage you do to yourself, I couldn't care less what damage you do to yourself if you chose to drive whilst under the influence, that's your fault and your problem, its the damage and destruction you cause to everyone else that matters. STOP BEING SO BLOODY SELFISH. THINK ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS!

I better stop there!

So, who's the baddie? no disrespect to ninebob, lesson learned,

So, who's the baddie? no disrespect to ninebob, lesson learned,
I haven't a clue what you mean. If you want an answer to a question Libby, post one that is at least decipherable.

I take a VERY dim view of Drink Driving. .......................
Of course, I think the original post says it all, really.

Blasphemous said:
securespark, your quote must be getting escalated due to something surely? I mean if we take Simon's quote. I know he didn't actually state how much he was quoted but it seems a great deal and a TV to boot! and his record (sorry to go on Simon), but he seems to be making your quote sound ridiculous secures. ninebob are you willing to say how much your quote is?
£653.04 fully comp.
I agree that Secure's quote does seem absurd, but I guess that's the result of 3 claims in 3 years. When my car was damaged whilst parked earlier this year I paid for the repair myself without claiming, now I'm very glad I did!
Perhaps the choice of car has something to do with it as well - I have a Honda Accord Executive, which although a relatively high-performance vehicle doesn't have a "boy-racer" image and is seen as more of a "sensible-old-man" car. Although I beleive Secure still has a Skoda Octavia which surely should have a similar insurance classification?

Sponsored Links
I guess that's the result of 3 claims in 3 years.
Yeah good point.

Perhaps the choice of car has something to do with it as well
Yeah that's another one, what car do you drive Secures? Is it a Skoda Octavia? A lot of them are driven by Taxi Drivers. Could that be a factor in it? :confused:

I have a Honda Accord Executive, which although a relatively high-performance vehicle doesn't have a "boy-racer" image and is seen as more of a "sensible-old-man" car.
That's about right for you then Simon isn't... :LOL:

eeerrr, Secures! I think we know why your premiums are sky high!!!

Nice one nine.

Back