Car Insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got my renewal through post last week £355 :eek:
I went on their website and the quote I got was £45 less, for the same policy.
So I investigated further on the comparasent websites, and found it nearly £110 cheaper with other providers.
Then went to quidco, got it down to £222 with £70 cash back. :D
What gets my goat is the fact the Insurance is with the AA, I have membership card, so get a reduced rate and they are supposed to find the best deal for me. :mad:

Sponsored Links
I use Quidco also and swap insurance company's each year, no such thing as loyalty anymore it cost to much.

That's so true and it's a shame but they are all out to rip you off.
Some folk get the renewal through the post for all sorts of things and just renew without a second thought.
With my house insurance it was automatic renew, so had ring to cancel it, told them the cheaper quote I had been offered, and they matched it just like that, knocked 145 pound off, just one phone call.
Amazing!
Quidco's great got about 250 pound cash back over the last few months.
Even got cash back on something I didn't buy ;)

I scrapped my old shed of a car last month having been insured with the same company for the last 3 yrs. As my insurance had not run for 6 months this year since renewal, they kindly charged me £66.75p to cancel the policy. WTF they have already had my money and yet seen fit to reduce the refund by this amount. I know when I get another car I won't be insuring with them.
As you say, there's nothing to be gained by being loyal to one insurance company these days. Money grabbing barstewards. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
My insurance renewal is £100 dearer than last yr so they can go and ********. :rolleyes:

I scrapped my old shed of a car last month having been insured with the same company for the last 3 yrs. As my insurance had not run for 6 months this year since renewal, they kindly charged me £66.75p to cancel the policy. WTF they have already had my money and yet seen fit to reduce the refund by this amount. I know when I get another car I won't be insuring with them.
As you say, there's nothing to be gained by being loyal to one insurance company these days. Money grabbing barstewards. :cry: :cry: :cry:
....why cancel the policy in the first place and not just transfer it??

Back