Carage gutter on vertical wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am almost finished on a Hip to Gable loft conversion which has a garage that roof that drains towards the Gable end. There is currently a Gutter in place that used to be shared by the Hip roof and the Garage. Now that the main roof does not drain into the gutter I no longer have an overhang to direct water into the gutter from the garage roof.

I need to replace the Corolux on the garage and remove the sofit and facia boards. But now what do I do about replacing the guttering and stopping any rain hitting the gable end simply running past the inside of the gutter and into the garage?

roof.png

Sponsored Links
If I understand this correctly, often enough a leaded valley would be created between the lean to and the gable end, and that would have a gentle fall into a gutter of its own......for sure, you don't want water cascading down the garage roof and hitting the wall.
John :)

I was thinking along the lines of a leaded box gutter but the garage is 32 foot long and I am thinking that it will cost a lot of money to make. Is there not some sort of recessed guttering system?

I guess you could create your own by using fibreglass box guttering or similar, and include a flashing chased into the house wall, descending into the guttering?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Aye leaded gutter is how I would have detailed it (as the image below) but that would probably cost prohibitive to you I would hazard. So as mentioned lining it with fibreglass would rock your boat.

full

Its too long for lead, it would wrinkle in the summer and catch the leaves in the winter. I would use industrial sized gutter sitting in a box section with flashing into it. Guttering has slip joints built in so they can expand /contract with the temperature.
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back