Caravan Electrical Certs

More importantly, why have you replied to a 7-year old thread? :rolleyes::mrgreen:
He's presumably been trawling back through years of PBoD's posts to find some 'evidence' he can introduce into his latest war. He must have a very boring and/or sad life.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Since this thread was started Scottish law has changed, this does raise a question, if I hire a caravan in Wales and take it to Scotland would I need to have it inspected by some one complying with Scottish regulations, or would Welsh and English caravans be exempt from the new regulations in Scotland covering EICR for premises with tenants, or is the fact it's on wheels mean it does not come under the new rules?

I will read regulations for where I live, but not for places where I don't. So I have no idea how the new Scottish regulations are worded, since at the moment we are still in the EEC then I would say if OK in country of origin then must be allowed after crossing boarders.

In my own little caravan the consumer unit is prone to shaking loose, before connecting up I do check, also easy for bedding to shift during travelling again stopping ventilation from consumer unit which also has the 12 volt power supply built in. So it needs testing after it arrives on site. So what is really the point? You can do all the testing you want, and it is all invalid as soon as you move to another site. Best you can do is a plug in tester.

More importantly, why have you replied to a 7-year old thread? :rolleyes::mrgreen:
Because of the abuse I got from PBoD (and am still getting, it seems) when I tried to explain to him that in ordinary parlance an official report attesting facts about an electrical installation following inspecting and testing is indeed "a certificate" (with a small "c").

"Ordinary" people do not necessarily use the "correct" terms or definitions found in BS 7671, hence things like "bulb" and "low voltage". PBoD refuses to believe that, and insists that when someone uses the word "certificate" they cannot possibly be referring to an EICR (or PIR as was), and became quite vehement about that.

And yet what did he do here? He told someone who asked about getting a "certificate" all about PIRs.

And yet what did he do here? He told someone who asked about getting a "certificate" all about PIRs.
I would be intrigued to know how long it took you to dig up that 7-year old post to 'support your case' - after all PBoD posts quite a lot!

Kind Regards, John

But he said he wanted a certificate.
Have you got nothing better to do???

He said someone else had told him he needed one, which was very likely incorrect based on the information posted, as no electrical installation work was ever mentioned, was it.
I think the best thing now is to put you on ignore, as you have nothing constructive or of interest to post, just want to cause aggravation, when you are wrong!

But he said he wanted an official document as proof that something has happened or been done:
I agree.

screenshot_1346.jpg

PBoD refuses to accept that anybody could ever use the word "certificate" when what they mean is "an official document as proof that something has happened or been done". He refuses to accept that they could possibly mean (in an electrical installation context) anything other than an EIC or a MEWIC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back