carpentersofyork.com

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone advise me as to the trustworthyness of CarpentersofYork.com? We ordered flooring and paid for it back in May. twice they have written to say the consignment hasn't arrived - the second saying a refund was being made 3 weeks ago but despite phone calls when they reassured me the money was being refunded it still hasn't appeard in my account. Getting worried now.

Sponsored Links
yes, I had an order for the oak wood which should have been delivered back in July, however, I have managed to persaude them to send in another order of oak flooring from Europe... as the refund wasn't working.. again they stated they haven't got it in stock but will deliver it next week... I am also slightly worried too that they up to something!

THey are suggesting the best thing to lay the floor on concrete is to use rewnar mb epoxy dpm system first then to glue the oak flooring using rewnar polymer flexible wood adhesive. Does that sound right?

We have now ordered a different floor from them - engineered, more expensive but have negotiated a good rate in view of all the problems. It's supposed to be delivered to our home on this Friday, 16th. Will let you know if it doesn't arrive. Still feel nervous! Sorry I don't know about the best way to lay the solid floor. Getting close to winter weather is the reason we've changed to an engineered floor, plus they had it in stock, so will be floating it on ordinary underlay. Let's hope for both our sakes that they are an honest company. Fingers crossed!

My only experience of them was when I ordered oak flat bead from them. I requested it lacquered they replied no problem and the order arrived within a couple of days of the order.

Sponsored Links
Thanks bloxy. Must say am feeling more confident now. Have received paperwork from them today regarding tomorrow's delivery and invoices with credit card receipts, now your positive response too. I can at last relax and look forward to seeing my nice new floor. I didn't want to 'do them down' - just got increasingly worried.

Dragon I think you can stop worrying. Our floor was delivered Friday as promised and the few planks we've looked at are gorgeous. If the company are having problems I for one, hope they manage to overcome them and carry on trading. Good luck with your floor.

Have now laid our new floor from Carpenters of York. It looks gorgeous. We had hardly any waste and we are very impressed by their product. In the end they dealt fairly with us and we would have no hesitation in recommending them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back