Carpet being fitted Thursday, still waiting for skirting...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above really. I've ripped out skirting in a bedroom in preparation for replacing before having carpet fitted. Turns out the skirting delivery is delayed, and despite their repeated - and repeatedly failed - promises of delivery, I'm assuming it's not going to be there when the carpet gets fitted on Thursday.

Can anyone suggest the best way to prep for the carpets so that it won't cause problems fitting the skirting board? Do I just need to set the grippers as best I can, allowing space for the skirting behind, and hope the carpet fitters space appropriately?

Or will they just carpet to the wall and I'll be left to place the skirting with a gap beneath? I really don't want to do this, as it leaves a dark shadow around the wall and inevitably fills with dust over time.

Any ideas appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Postpone the carpet fitting. You won't get a proper job done unless the skirtings are in place.

Is there no other way? We have people coming to stay on Friday night, nowhere else for them to stay other than that room.

Obviously it's more important for the long term, but thought there might be some other way to get the job done.

It'll end up a complete lash-up if you try fitting the carpet before the skirting.

Sponsored Links
Fair enough. Thanks.

................Please leave plenty of time for your paint/stain to harden before you have your carpet fitted!

....................it takes longer than you think!!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back