carpet refitting

d67

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help please -

we took up our carpet to allow for some replastering, but now when we come to re fit it, it is an inche short around all the edges - any tips how to fit and stretch it please ??? ps. it is a heavy woven carpet with not much give. also we washed it with a domestic carpet cleaner hoover, could this have made it shrink? and will it settle down once its fully dried ?

many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
carepets are stretched into place when fitted with a "knee kicker" i belive you can hire one from a hire shop

I have read up on the subject of carpet stretching in the past. Apparently you need to be careful because it is possible to overstretch. As your carpet is already cut to size this shouldn't be a problem as you know how big it should be.

you can get a kicker from here.

If it is an expensive carpet (as if carpets are ever cheap!) then with the risk of tearing it you might be well advised to get a quote on having it refitted. Various friends of mine have been charged about £50 a room for having a new carpet cut and stretched, I would have thought it would be less for just stretching an already cut carpet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back