Carpet tiles onto chipboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if it is okay to lay carpet tiles over moisture resistant chipboard flooring(the green boards)? If so, should it be glued down to it? Also, can these green boards be attached to a concrete floor using a grab adhesive? :)

Sponsored Links
Yes no problem to all your questions

The correct adfhesive is called "tackifier" it allows tiles to be lifted an replace several times (but it isn`t cheap!!!!!!)

You may also get away with using carpet spray glue (just one blob) - this is the least acceptable solution however (£8 -£10 per tin)

How large is the area?
how much traffic will it get?
What sort of quality of tiles will you be using?
How good a job are looking to acheive (- i.e. how permanant)

It's in the kitchen which isn't that big. Probably 9' x 9' and there's not much traffic as it's for a person on there own so mostly just her in the house. She'll be getting tiles for around £4 each so they're not top quality but we want it looking nice.

Sponsored Links
tackifier usually comes in big 25litre containers - which is rather more than you need!!!(at least a 100 times more)

I would spot stick them with carpet spray adhesive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back