Carpet underlay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting an Axminster carpet fitted in a couple of weeks and it is quite expensive, it is 100% wool and after checking, i feel i need to change the underlay.
A relative tells me to use Duralay Treadmore and the shop suggests Axefelt 65 is the best, anyone got any ideas or what is more suitable for a heavy woolen carpet.

Sponsored Links
either are good. Maybe stick with the retailer tho as if any problems you have used what they recommended.

We had new stair carpet (100% wool) fitted yesterday. The underlay is Axfelt 65 and it's absolutely brilliant. It feels like walking 'on air' and it really cuts down on noise.

Thanks for the feedback, they were offering the Axefelt 65 for £4.90 per m2

Sponsored Links
£4.90 was back in OCTOBER 2008, swampydrill (who siad that) has not posted for the last 2 months, so i would suggest you dont wait for a reply if you are having the carpet laid soon. (it may also be a special offer with the carpet he has brought)

always check the date a post was made

just bought some of this underlay, its really hard to find on the internet but i found it on eBay;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Axfelt-65-Sup...FittedCarpets_Underlay_SM&hash=item2a0f76fe12

Just £3.65 per m2... but then you have your postage which makes it £4.60 per m2 but still a cracking deal compared to £9.99 at Wakefield Carpet Shop.

Does anyone know anywhere else cheaper? I need 4 more rolls to do the next bedroom. Any help would be appreciated.

Rolo

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back