cast iron bath, worth anything dead or alive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have to remove a cast iron bath from the 1st floor, it has roll top edges and feet that are half decent, not the best I have seen but half decent. The people before had it re-coated with something years back and that appears to be flaking.

Would I be able to carry it downstairs if I had help i.e. could 2 blokes move it or does it need more?

Is this bath worth anything complete?

Should I do anything to it to sell it, ie I heard they are worth loads if you get them re-enameled?

Or should I just take it to the scrap metal man?

Are they worth anything different depending whether they are smashed or complete, or is the value the same?

What is the approximate value of a bath in a scarp yard?

Just trying to work out what is best to do with this bath.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Have a look on the Bay for prices of similar baths to yours.. I had a roll top cast bath in average condition but decided that the time off work that I might have to take with a knackered back wasn't worth the £75 that I might have gotten.. So I wellied it with a hammer.. On the other hand a pal and I removed a pristine double ended roll top cast and got £400 for it but that I think was the exception rather than the rule

Hi if the legs are designed with ball&claw pattern i would get in touch with shops like Kings Road.
It won't be worth any more or less as scap broken or in one piece.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back