Cast iron baths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

we are buying a house with a cast iron bath in the bathroom. We are thinking of keeping the bath and just replacing the sink and toilet. Are the old cast iron baths OK, or is it better to replace them?

Also, if we do keep it, i'll want to change the taps. The problem is, i can't find taps anywhere that are suitable. the tap holes are not on the top of the bath, they are on the inside (either side of the overflow). Can anyone recommend where i can find suitable taps?

Thanks,

Rob

Sponsored Links
Are the taps those weird looking 'bottle taps'? You get them on old cast iron baths sometimes.

I take it its a panelled bath and not free standing?

Many people prefer the cast iron baths to the modern ones, cheap baths are nasty and flexy.

There are an infinate although expensive range of taps out there, I'm sure you will find some.

The taps are actually called "globe taps" and are readily available.

Check the Bristan 1901 globe taps.

Sponsored Links
hi,

yes it's a panelled bath.

the current taps look just like the globe taps. are these the only style of taps you can get for these baths?

cheers

rob

Sorry yes, they're called globe taps.

Don't know where I got bottle taps from? :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back