Cast soil stack?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
Could anyone tell me the best method to connect into a cast soil stack?
I'm trying to convert a garage into a granny flat and need to join the new toilet, basin and shower waste pipes into it.
I don't want to replace it all because it passes through the flat roof of the garage and i worried about it leaking.
Any advice welcome.
Thanks

Sponsored Links

One of these to cut it.

A couple of these to connect the cast to plastic.

Some of this.

A few of these.

Need a bigger angle grinder, the sort that throws you back when you switch it on! ;)

Sponsored Links
You can cut a soil pipe with a hacksaw. You would probably need one of the little 12" bow saw frames to get the depth in the frame for a 4" pipe, a decent 18TPI hacksaw blade, and a tub of elbow grease!

I have used one of those hacksaws to slice up 4" cast iron bar stock.... that does take a bit longer to cut through.

make sure the stack is well supported, or you could end up with a very large hole in the roof!

Thanks for the reply

If i cut out a section of say 18", how do you stop the rest of it coming down on your head :?:

Also, do the tea and biscuits have to be in that order :LOL:

I had someone with me when doing it who was ready to use some 2 by 2 to prop it but we found it didn't move anywhere

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back