Castle ZX901

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody have any information/wiring details for a Castle ZX901. I have been asked to reconnect a panel where the someone has cut all the sensor/bell cables just as they enter the panel and I am not fully sure how the panel is supposed to be configured.

Sponsored Links
You could try the installation manual, and look at how the bell and devices are wired up so you know what colours have been used for what., but you will need to know which cable relates to which device.

That's one of the problems, I can't find a copy of the installation manual. I have traced most cables (some have been cut in other places so will ignore those for now). There only appears to be 2 zones, Cct1 and Cct2 plus an exit entry zone. So I am guessing that multiple PIR's are connected to each zone. Also the keyswitch on the panel is set to either zone 1 or zone 1 & 2, I think zone 1 is downstairs so can be set at night and zone 1 & 2 is for leaving the premises. Who ever has connected it up has swapped and changed wire colours for different sensors.

That's old ! The manual is not going to help you ! that's a simple panel to wire or bin ! Lol

Sponsored Links
Thanks sparkymarka, Am I correct in my assumptions above as to how it would be wired? all the alarms I have worked on previously have had all seperate zones for each detection device. If it was mine I would bin it and buy something newer, however the owner who cut all the wires would like it repairing as as he says "it was working ok before".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back