Cats in the garden ....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone out there know of a way to stop cats from using my vegie garden as a toilet.

Oh .... I don't own a gun :cool:

Sponsored Links
Yes, I can help, in most garden centres you can find this green mesh made from nylon, make posts on the corners, and horizontal support's if needed, and cover with this, they will never be able to get inside.

Hope this help's

Hi,
We had a cat problem in our garden. So I bought a sonic cat repeller from Argos. Cost about £30.
It takes upto 2-3 weeks to work as cats will 'try' to fight the noise. (humans can't hear it)

After that we Never saw a cat in our garden again and its being 2 years now.

Andy

children can(and teenagers one of the lads at work could hear one in a garden next to us where we were working and it drove him mad!) do work though!

Sponsored Links
those things are audible to adults as well and are particularly annoying.

My neighbour in my old house had one and it didn't stop mine or any other cats from entering his garden.

His garden in bloom was great but unfortunatly all the beds just look like giant toilets to cats. I did my best to prevent my cat from entering his garden, thankfully though my cat prefered to poo in a litter box, probably because it's hard to go when you're worried another cat might attack you.

I've heard that Orange peel, and/or ginger keeps them away. place some around the area you wish to protect.

Go to your nearest zoo and ask them can you have some lion poo!

My sister was told to do that and she got some from Chester Zoo.....cats never went near her garden again....they must think they have some serious cat opposition :LOL:

I laughed when she first told me but its meant to work

purchase a water rifle, the pump action type and fill it with cheap skinny washing up liquid (Lidl's brand 26p) and fire away but do be careful to avoid their eyes !!!!!! they don't come back in a hurry.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Al, I've put a cover on the lettuce bed, but I've still got another 150sqm of vegie garden to control so I think that rules out the orange peel and ginger.

The sonic cat repeller sounds good but the guy that lives behind us is a hunter and it would drive his dogs nuts. Another neighbour tried one.
:cool: Perhaps I could get him to do the job ;)

Westeleven I bought one of those for the last cat that was terrorizing our rabbits. Worked great and lots of fun. Problem is with this one is it 's coming in the middle of the night. I might have to dig in.

I'm running out of patience with the furball and I can't find out where it's coming from.

totally lateral thinking :rolleyes:

borrow/rent a couple of geese for a week or two :LOL: they will guard your garden and see off any cats any time of day or night. Don't be tempted to keep them permanently unless you are well detached from your neighbours cos they do make a lot of noise but absolutely brill guard geese!!

I replied in the other thread: cat loo

The one thing that I didn't mention is to look out for moving trucks. When someone moves in with a new cat it's time to sure up your defences.
When our neighbours moved in with 2 cats it took ages and clearing up literally a hundred "logs" to convince them that it wouldn't be their new toilet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back