Cavity wall Insulation Question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of having cavity wall insulation, I am in a victorian terrace with a large bay window.As the wall cavity sort of carries on into the bay window woodwork and internal panelling what will happen when they start the pumps? will insulation come out any gaps in the woodwork ( there are a few little gaps at floor level, or will the voids in the bay just fill up with the stuff? I dont want insulation in my living room..

Sponsored Links
Generally, Victorian houses with cavities are in exposed locations and suffer from driving rain. These are unsuitable for CWI as the insulation may become sodden and must be removed. In the 1930s they discovered that they could build houses cheaper with a cavity and a breeze block inner leaf and they became almost universal. Consequently, it is only houses built since 1930 that are likely candidates for CWI.

Generally, Victorian houses with cavities are in exposed locations and suffer from driving rain. These are unsuitable for CWI as the insulation may become sodden and must be removed. In the 1930s they discovered that they could build houses cheaper with a cavity and a breeze block inner leaf and they became almost universal. Consequently, it is only houses built since 1930 that are likely candidates for CWI.

My house has a cavity wall but its not in an exposed location or prone to driving rain :confused: Does that mean I can have them filled?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back