Cavity Wall Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm getting Cavity Wall Insulation installed by EAGA shortly and have heard a variety of horror stories on CWI. While I'm not put off hugely, I would like anyones opinions on CWI by EAGA.

My house is approximately 40 years old and appears in reasonably good nick.

If the CWI is not installed well and there are empty patches will this case condensation within the cavity?

Sponsored Links
but not within the cavity. you might possibly get condensation on the inside surface of the wall, if your house is excessively damp, but these patches will be no colder than they are already (with no cavity insulation) so what is there to worry about?

Sponsored Links
If the CWI is not installed well and there are empty patches will this case condensation within the cavity?

No.

There will just be some less efficient parts of the wall, but when averaged out, these wont matter in context of better overall thermal efficiency of the wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back