CCTV for Pensioners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

My elderly in-laws are being bullied by their next-door neighbours. It's been going on for years.

My partner and I live 3 hours away, and there's no other family around to help.

The only solution I can think of, is a covert CCTV camera that can record sound.

It would need to be installed easily (ie discretely) because the neighbours would get worse if they found out. Also, it would have to be simple enough for pensioners to use. They can manage the Sky box and the PC (as long as they don't need to touch the wires or install anything). They also don't have smartphones.

Does anyone have any ideas to help?

Sponsored Links
Don't worry - I've checked this. The neighbours in question mostly come onto my in-laws property to kick off.

Sponsored Links
Like most things, if we follow the guidance we have a good chance of complying with the law. In this case the statutory instrument is the DPA (data protection act) which if you are using CCTV which films images of the street or anyone elses property you need to comply with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back