CCTV Installation how hard ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im looking into cctv for my house, I dont know if I should have it done professionally or attempt to Install it myself.

The main things I want are cameras that work at night and to see my cameras via my phone.

So my question is . . .. . is it just a case of run the cables and plug it all together or is there more to it than that?

Sponsored Links
There'll probobly be a bit of network/router/firewall stuff to do as well. This will be needed so that your DVR/NVR can be seen by your phone.

You could do worse than look up stuff about camera types, lenses and external IR illumination for night time.

You need to know exactly what you want to be able to see and to put the camera in the right place - it's no good putting a camera on your soffit, setting the lens wide enough to see your whole front garden and then expecting to read the number plate of a car coming onto your drive!

Once you've got your requirement sorted out, you can get the kit in and "just... run the cables and plug it all together". You'll probably want to spend some time messing about with the settings, especially if you're doing something like Video Motion Detection.

Thx Eighty Two,

You have given me a lot to look into, il start surfing thx again.

Sponsored Links
Well Ive decided to go with www.1stchoicecctv.co.uk they do everything start to finish and have tech support which i need. granted its not the cheapest but after phoning a few they seemed the best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back