Cctv Installation question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all, complete newbe..I am after a bit of info regarding cctv insatllation set up..I have no problems fitting the cameras in the eaves which will go back to a dvr in the loft which I will put on motion detector but my problem is that if I hear a knock or noise outside I would like to be able to view on my tv downstairs who is at the door. I want to avoid running another cable from the loft to downstairs room if possible ..I already have the ariel feed coming into the loft and then cable going downstairs on a booster could I somehow use this and if not would I have to run another cable and what cable would I have to use or is there any type of wireless connection?.The reason I do not want another cable is that I have all the house rendered and painted so a cable would be a eyesore and running internally is out of the question..

Sponsored Links
You need a modulator, it fits onto the coax cable from your aerial. Very simple to fit & use. This then sends your CCTV images down to all the TVs that are fed from the aerial. Then programme your TVs for another annalogue sinal.

Paul.

Thanks for the replies .The ariel feeds into a booster then sends the signal to all other tv,s so do I fit the modulator on the feed then run a cable from that into the booster feed socket also with a mains booster will there be any interference.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back