CDA CW448 Dishwasher leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
My CDA Cw448 dishwasher appears to have a leak at the base on the right hand side (as facing door) which seems to be coming from the part on the attached pic.
Appreciate that the level of the machine will affect where the leak is coming from precisely buy definitely coming from this part.....is there a seal at the top of the part?
Can anyone tell me what this part is please and is there a common leak point with the part?
Looks like the appliance needs to be put on its side and base removed in order to gain access.....is this right?
The leak doesn't start straight away but about half way into the basic cycle.
The volume of water trips the flood switch.
Any help would be appreciated!
TIA

Attachments

• 20240329_154647.jpg
    20240329_154647.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 21
Sponsored Links
Being made by Smeg, the usual leak is the two o rings, air break to water softener, to the left and slightly above your red circle.
Watch it filling to confirm, it runs down to the area you have marked.

Ahh, appreciate that....narrows it down at least!
Is it a relatively easy fix? Do I need to approach it by taking the base off?
Cheers

It didn't seem to start until halfway through the cycle though

Sponsored Links
Confirm the area of the leak first, watch it fill. There is a large nut on the inside holding the air break, also a clip on the air break to water softener, then it lifts off to access o rings.The two black o rings are visible in your picture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back