CDA Gas Hob Fitting Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a CDA HCG 741 hob into an oak worktop, above a built-under oven, the installation manual has left me confused on two parts.

Page 13 of the manual shown here
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/253891/Cda-Hcg-731.html?page=13#manual

Firstly: please see fig. 12 the cut-out size seems clear at 480x560 but there are additional numbers 0 and -2 shown, what does that mean?

Secondly: it says on that same page

"It is absolutely essential that you place a separator between the base of the hob and the built in unit or the oven"

I had a Gas Safe engineer in to have a look and price up the hob and oven connection and he said nothing of a separator, he just said as long as the hob is not touching the oven it will be fine.

What is a separator, what kind of material is suitable, and is it really necessary?

I emailed CDA but didn't even get a response :confused:

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The manufacturers instructions over rule everything, if it says jump you say how high, only they can say what a seperator should be made from.

For you info---has a CDA hob fitted, failed and repaired 3 times over a year and after many phone calls and missed appointments managed to get it replaced.
I would also check the dimension on the hob with a tape measure, I cut 5mm short according to dimensions given and hob barely covered the hole.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replies guys, I have contacted the CDA customer support line and they advised me that a separator could just be a standard shelf from a kitchen carcass.
:mrgreen:

For you info---has a CDA hob fitted, failed and repaired 3 times over a year and after many phone calls and missed appointments managed to get it replaced.
I would also check the dimension on the hob with a tape measure, I cut 5mm short according to dimensions given and hob barely covered the hole.

I'll measure the hob first, thanks!

CDA replied to my email today, the customer care adviser said that the separator would be "the work top surface that the appliance is to be installed to."

That answer surprises me given the wording of the installation instructions in the manual, I mean, who would "install" a hob onto an oven without a work top? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back