Ceiling Fan Installaion + 12v lights *shaver point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m rebuilding my bathroom, and the existing wiring in the ceiling is a nightmare, a light, fan and Shaver point into one chock block, a real mess

My question is, from the existing fused spur and light, can I change the existing light for 5x240v down lights, a 3 12v down lights and a shaver point from new junction box.

Regards Georgio1965

Sponsored Links
You likely can but it would be a rather expensive exercise. Part P has resulted in DIY work in bathrooms being in the main more expensive then calling in a scheme member electrician. Due to the charges made by the LABC.
I would assume since you ask the question you mean within the law!
Once your going the break the law then there is no answer of course. You can do what ever you want.

Sponsored Links
8 lights?

Is that because it's a very large bathroom, or because the lights aren't actually very good at lighting up rooms and you need to use lots of them?

If you do go ahead, make sure your electrician realises that all of the Building Regulations apply to the work he does, not just Part P, and that if he is to legitimately declare compliance that must include making sure that Parts C and L are not breached by cutting holes in the bathroom ceiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back