ceiling light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am replacing a pendant light in my kitchen but regular ceiling rose innards are too deep and wide. The only advice I have been given so far is to use connectors, but I am keen to earth it as it has a metal pole. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any slim fittings?

Sponsored Links
Only way really is to use connectors, which then need to be enclosed. Or a small junction box. Or you leave the existing pendant in place, but replace the twin flex feeding the bulb holder with three core, so you can then connect the new fitting alongside the existing pendant position, but fed by three core flex so you can earth the new metal fitting.

Might not look very pretty though.

Maza said:
I am keen to earth it as it has a metal pole.
Both of those are irrelevant.

If it needs earthing, then it must be earthed, whether you are keen to or not.

If it doesn't need earthing, then it must not be, no matter how keen you are, and no matter that it has a metal pole.

Not that I understand how using choc-block precludes earthing it...

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
then it must not be, no matter how keen you are, and no matter that it has a metal pole.

Mind you i've seen plenty of stuff sold as class 2 but whose actual construction does not seem like it would prevent a live wire touching the earth under not terriblly unlikely conditions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back