Ceiling Pendant Lamp Wiring Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am trying to change over a pendant lamp in the spare room that the missus dislikes (!)

On removing the exisitng light fitting, there are 3 wires coming down from the ceiling-2 sheathed in black and 1 sheathed in yellow

The 2 black wires are twisted together and screwed into one of the wee plastic connectors and the yellow ones into the other one and then the wires from the lamp which I removed were screwed into the other ends of the plastic connector

I think these are old wiring colours-can someone tell me which wires to "join up" in the fitting of the new plastic pendant set that I bought from Homebase which has 1 brown and 1 blue wire ??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You should really establish which is live & which is neutral as they are not the old colours, but it is likely to be yellow(live)to brown & black(neutral)to blue

Thanks JJ

Got it done-minimal charring and a very pleased leader of the opposition !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back