Ceiling Rose & Two Way Switching.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any kind sould please help me with rewiring a new ceiling rose with 2 way switching?

I have identified the two cables that go to the switches and the two that go to the and from the next lights. The earth is obvious, but what goes to the "L" "N" and "Loop" please? (Every diagram I look at only has three cables running into it and I have four)

Many thanks

Mottsy

Sponsored Links
the fourth is probably a feed to another light. if so, this goes to the same place as the feed in and out. see for reference for the rest. what was wired where when you took it down?

Your right,

Just been in the loft and eventually traced the fourth cable back to a terminal block with covered round with insultion tape. Obviously was connected to another light in the past.
The new ceiling rose is to replace an very old bakelite one. The house has been rewired but some old fittings were not renewed.

Mant thanks

Mottsy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back