Ceiling spot lights problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife runs a small office, and they have some ceiling spot lights in their reception. Two have recently gone out, but it's not the bulbs that are the problem (I've checked!). One of them has a wire that has come loose from the bit the bulb plugs into (it's the sort of GU10 bulb where it has two little pins, not the sort where it actually screws into the fitting). I can't seem to find a replacement fitting of this kind anywhere - they're all the screw-in kind now. Also, it doesn't seem to have +/- leads, rather they are both orange:

The other light that has gone out doesn't have any obvious problem. However, it has normal +/- leads. This got me wondering if this one is the 'control' light or something for the circuit, and that if the other light was sorted out, this would come back on. Does this sound at all likely?!

I have fitted and sorted out problems with spot lights in my own house, but this has me somewhat baffled. Any help/advice would be most appreciated! Where can I get a replacement fitting of this type?

Sponsored Links
My wife runs a small office,
That will be a place of work then.

And therefore the Electricity At Work Regulations will apply.

No matter how simple this job seems (and it's not quite simple enough for you to not need help, is it?) you should not do it, for all manner of legal, regulatory, liability and insurance reasons.

Please get an electrician.

This got me wondering if this one is the 'control' light or something for the circuit, and that if the other light was sorted out, this would come back on. Does this sound at all likely?!
No, it sounds like you're out of your depth and don't know what you're talking about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back