Cement in a Toilet Connector??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am replacing a toilet. I have a cast Iron Waste Pipe coming up out of the floor. It currently has a plastic "P" connector in it ( i think it is call a kwik fit??) for the toilet.
In the "well" of the Cast Iron pipe around the connector, it had been filled in with Sand/Cement mix. I have now managed to chisel all of this out so that i can replace the connector.

Should i cement the new connector in again?? The Well of the pipe needs to be filled with something, but is there a better method.

Cheers Matt

Sponsored Links
Hi,
The Bell of the pipe sits on the floorboards, so just the 3 inch "collar" is visible.
Just to make it clear, this pipe is a "branch" that runs under the floorboards about 2.5 feet to join the Main Vertical Cast Iron Soil pipe that runs floor to ceiling through the whole house.

matt

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back