Cementious tanking or membrane for damp wall treatment??

Your current standard board has let internal vapour through which may have condensed on the cold external wall.
Using the foil backed board would prevent this. In which case there is no need for membrane.

Kingspan K18 (or similar) fixed to timber battens on the wall would be a good option here, the thickest you can get, which I believe is 62mm (50mm insulation + 12.5mm plasterboard all in one) The insulation itself already has a foil back on both sides.

Sponsored Links
hi i just went to the garage and it is MUCH drier since teh plaster board came off. still wet at teh bottom but i presume this is where the condensation has dripped down as opposed to rising damp.

if there any thing lost by adding teh membrane anyway even if it is largely due to condensation.

i will go for teh k18 boards as advised but thought as extra back up

As long as each edge of the insulation board rests on a batten you'll be ok without any other membrane. Putting it against the wall before the insulation will cause problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back