Centaurplus C27 to Hive single channel

Alford, North east Scotland - there is company of local plumbers just up the road and it's their sticker on the boiler for installation so probably give them a shout.
Thanks for all your help
Yes I know it lovely part of the country, worked on a few jobs there quite a few years ago

Sponsored Links
It would help if we knew what was on the other end of the wires so as to know what they were doing. However, it wouldn't be too difficult to replicate exactly what the C27 is doing now with a single channel Hive. First of all as per @ianmcd

Then if as you say:

If a permanent live has to be maintained here, then putting the blue wire with the brown sleeve on in the L terminal would replicate the hot water being switched 'on' 24/7. I suspect it might be the way the installer has provided a permanent live to the boiler. But like I said without knowing what's on the other end of it...

So wire that is currently in 3 to go to L? Will have a look when back later to see if I can see what is on the other end of the wires, the boiler is outside in a casing and access to where the wire goes in is not good

Yes, terminal 3 is the wire that is made live by the C27 when the hot water is set to be 'on'.

As you are using the system now, that wire is permanently 'live' as you say that the hot water is always set to be 'on'. Therefore putting it in L would achieve exactly the same thing. It would be permanently 'on'

Yes, terminal 3 is the wire that is made live by the C27 when the hot water is set to be 'on'.

As you are using the system now, that wire is permanently 'live' as you say that the hot water is always set to be 'on'. Therefore putting it in L would achieve exactly the same thing. It would be permanently 'on'

Thanks, that clears up my original query. Will give it a bash later tonight

Thanks @stem and @ianmcd

Sponsored Links
It might be good to know what is actually on the other end of the wire though. Once it's hard wired there's no option to switch it off at the Hive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back