Switchmaster 805 to Centaurplus C27

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I want to replace a Switchmaster 805 with a Horstmann CentaurPlus C27 series II but am confused about the current wiring arrangement. As you can see from the photo, there's a five-core flex to the back-plate but what's confusing me is (a) the green/yellow wire in position 3 and (b) no wire in the earth connector. I presume the gn/yllw isn't an earth - looking in the separate wiring centre box, a gn/yllw (with black tape round it) and brown wire are joined together at position 8 (HW OFF) so I'm surmising that the gn/yllw at 3 in the back-plate is the same but just hasn't been sleeved in the same way. So, a few questions if you don't mind:

1) is what I suspect correct and, if so, is it normal practice or do I need to worry?

2)the wiring diagram for the C27 suggests a requirement for an earth in the appropriate back-plate terminal but I'd then only have two wires left for positions 1 - 4 when I need three. If my suspicion above is correct, though, and the disputed wire isn't currently an earth, then there wouldn't be a problem (presuming no earth is needed in the new one either).

3) Given all this, could someone please confirm that the new wiring positions would be as follows:

[Existing N -blue L -brown 1-red 2-empty 3-gn/yllw 4-black (no earth)]
New - N-blue L-brown 1-black 2-empty 3-gn/yllw 4-red [no earth]

4) Finally, do I need to remove the circuit link in the back of the C27 programmer unit? Sorry but I don't know what kind of CH system I have - all I can say is the boiler is a Baxi Solo 2 50 PF and there's a Grundfoss 15-60 pump and an ACL Lifestyle MPV before the HW tank. At the moment, CH and HW are timed together but you can turn either on/off separately via the CH constant/HW constant buttons on the 805.

Thanks a lot

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back