central heating boiler blowing 3A fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

i have a glowworm 30cxi that is blowing the external 3A fuse!

i have opened it up to find the divertor valve motor is wet around 3 pin plug, obviously this will need changed but i am concerned how the water has managed to get to it?

can i change just the motor or is there a bigger problem causing this????

please help!!!

Sponsored Links
Changing the motor will be like treating the symptoms NOT the cause. it is clear that there is water leaking from somewhere, is the boiler primary circuit losing pressure and needing recharging at the filling loop regularly? if so have a good look around could be the diverter valve spindle leaking into the motor, if no pressure loss, have a good look at the left hand hydroblock these are domestic water side and have a habit of splitting causing a near invisible fine spray of water to soak whate ever gets in it's way ;)

the system never looses pressure and the only water/moisture i have found was inside the divertor motor (which i have now stripped off and cleaned out) i have refitted this and had a hot shower lol.

i have also ordered a new motor online although this may only be a short term fix????????????

i did notice a small o-ring inside the motor and was kinda hoping that this was the problem because it looks like a nightmare to change the diversion valve itself?

thanks again for thou reply!

dazahara

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back