central heating boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had a new system boiler fitted and I cannot control ch via the room thermostat. The upstairs radiators dont seem to come on . The ch doesnt come on if there is a full tank of hot water. I cannot get ch when I want it to come on. Do you think it might be the electrics. They have been back to it about 6 times and its still not working as it should.

Sponsored Links
No its not zoned. The radiators only come slightly warm when hw on.I cannot get ch to come on or control room temp via room thermostat as I used to before. I just used to up the room thermostat and ch would come on but it doesnt anymore

It could be that your system has air in it, bleed rads. Also may require balancing.

Are any particular areas that are cold/warm on rads. ie top/bottom?

Sponsored Links
no. Upstairs doesnt come on at all and downstairs are only slightly warm all over

There's a few things it could be, but really you should get the installer back or money refunded so you can get it sorted.
But check the easy stuff first, is the programmer set to both hw and ch?
Could be your port valves or even the pump.

There are dip switches on some programmers.

Could your programmer be configured for a gravity system but the wiring is obviously not.

It was a gravity system before the boiler was changed. I have changed the interlocking on the programmer switches but do you think I may need a new programmer then., The electrician said he had taken the programmer out of the equation totally when he was checking it and that it was all ok so he was baffled

Nothing else was done as far as im aware. I think maybe some pipework was changed but not sure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back