Central Heating Boilers and quotes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I could really do with some advice, I have been given a couple of quotes on having central heating systems and from reading some reviews on the internet I'm not sure the boilers that are recommended are any good could I please have your opponions.

quote from Glowarm
Gloworm Flexicom 30CX

quote from Blue Flame Gas Services
Vaillant eco TEC Pro 28
or
Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior

Getting a full system installed with 6 raidators but I guess my concern is that the combi boiler is good in the first place, to be honist i know nothing about heating systems really. Both quotes come to about £4500

Sponsored Links
Do not touch the Flexicom with a bargepole, unfortunately we fit hundreds of Gloworms and have been forced to fit a small number of flexicoms instead of ultracoms due to space restrictions.

Already nasty internal water leaks from deep in the bowels of these boilers (after just a few months) the whole innards are so packed that it is is almost impossible to determine where said leaks come from and you have to strip out the whole lot and change O rings and washers galore in the hope that you've hit on the right one (Gloworm themselves had 3 attempts on one before changingthe hydraulic block)

Also they have possibly the cheapest, crappiest pathetically designed drop down affair to house the internal clock that it is possible to imagine, these will in all probability be snapped off within 6 months or so.

The majority of boilers we install are Worcester, but rarely fit their cheaper "i" range.
Our preferred boiler are the Worcester cdi range.

As a Vaillant installer I would recommend NOT fitting the Ecotec pro.

Go for the Ecotec Plus, or even have a look at the Glow Worm Ultracom Cxi30.

WB are supposed to be ok, but personally I would never fit one.

Sponsored Links
Well I'm with Dave on the Vaillant issue.

Vaillant currently make the best engineered combis on the market in the ecoTEC plus. The pro is a social housing model.

Where I would disagree is the Glowworm. The only thing that lets Vaillant down is the service force, because they have amalgamated Vaillant and Glowworms service.

The Glowworm product is inferior to Worcester Bosch, who also happen to have the best customer service in the business. So my second choice would be Bosch, or Broag. Or an expensive Viessmann 200.

Glowworm would be in my last resort category.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back