Central Heating bypassing timer programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating boiler appears to be working from the room thermostat only - switching itself and the radiators on and off at all hours and totally overriding the electrical programmer. When the programmer lights are out the boiler still works! I have to switch it on and off manually at the fuse box. My electricaian says it is a plumbing problem. The plumber says it is an electrical fault. Neither can solve the problem. Any ideas? The boiler is a Halstead "Best" 40. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
motorized valve head.

with the caveat...i aint got a clue what a halstead best 40 looks like.

sounds good though. i like ford tdci

If it's wired conventionally it couldn't be the MV head, but could be the programmer contacts stuck shut.
Let me guess it's a Landis and Gyr (RWB7?), black body silver plate on the front - the one with the little orange rectangular lights for CH and HW?

aha, glad i put that caveat :oops:

ill keep me schnarrzer outa gas me thinks :LOL:

Sponsored Links
My electricaian says it is a plumbing problem. The plumber says it is an electrical fault.
Get in a heating engineer. He will understand the system and won't pass the buck.

Your plumber doesn't (apparently) understand the electrical side of the heating controls. A heating engineer would.

Got Heating Engineer coming in the New Year. Thinks it could be a problem with the frost stat kicking in and then sticking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back