central heating flusher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just hired a central heating flusher and just been in the loft while it was running found the header tank filling up the instructions are not clear am i supposed to be draining at the same time when its running? thanks :confused:

coldroy

Sponsored Links
No your meant to know what uour actually doing before startin.
The cold feed and open vent need capping

Obviously got it wrong the mains feed into the tank i have turned off and the open vent is that the pipe going into the header tank as an overflow ta

coldroy

you need to cap off cold feed and vent before starting to flush, and clean out expansion tank before refilling system.

Sponsored Links
Hope its not gonna get worse and yes maybe a bit quick with comment just not in the mood at the mo will laugh when i finish if i dont flood the house first

coldroy

Wow didnt realise how much crap a system would hold im now thinking of getting a magnaclean or similer is that diy or gas safe? do you guys reccomend them and thanks for all your replys and help

coldroy

Wow didnt realise how much crap a system would hold im now thinking of getting a magnaclean or similer is that diy or gas safe? do you guys reccomend them and thanks for all your replys and help

coldroy

Keeping the correct concentration of inhibitor in the system is really important. Yes, a magnetic filter is also a good idea, it can be diyed, doesn't need to be Gassafe. It's only a couple of compression fittings to fit. Put one on whilst you have the system drained. It goes on the return pipe, just before the boiler.

I don't like Magnaleaks, the Fernox tf1 is better.

http://www.fernox.com/equipment/filters/total+filter+tf1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back