CENTRAL HEATING GRANTS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another con i have found (WARM FRONT) Came out to see a freind of mine who is in a wheelchair and was asking for a grant which is £2700.

After a few weeks he gets a letter saying that he has to pay an access fee as the new boiler and 3 rads come to more that the grant, where is rough traders on this one.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if it's same mob, but have done a few jobs for customers with disabled family member, although I've been paid by customer haven't heard any complaints. Also someone I know had funding as a single parent which covered boiler change.

Straight boiler change usually costs the 2700 or there abouts. Considering it`s government funded to help with energy efficiency they don`t even fit trv`s or programmable roomstats around my way.. Someone is making a lot of money out of this.. And they are using Ideal icos and isars so they should last a good 3 or 4 years.

Not really a con BOB.

Its nice that HMG is paying a large % of the cost.

I wouldn't say no to a subsidised boiler. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back