Central heating/Hot water problem. On/off times have to over

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about boilers, as I have quite an unusual (I think) problem with my very old Baxi boiler. Its quite complicated to explain so do bear with me....

Basically, I have to have the times that either the hot water and central heating come on/go off overlapping, otherwise the system doesnt work. For instance, if I want the HW to come on at 7am, I have to set the CH to go off at 7.10am, or the HW wont kick in. This means I have to have the system running 24/7 or either function wont start. However, now the (so called) summer months are here, I wanted to turn off the CH as I dont need it. Ive reset the HW times to give me a few hours in the morning, and the same in the evening, but as explained, the water isnt getting hot as the system wont start unless the CH has gone off first!!!

I know this doesnt make much sense, and reading it back, Ive confused myself!!!! Im just hoping that someone out there has come across this problem before and knows what it is.

I would be eternally grateful for any help anyone could give. Oh, and if you dont understand what Im saying (and I wouldnt blame you) then just ask, and Ill try my best to explain it better.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
This will be a problem with your zone valve and wiring, not the boiler.

Ok, thanks for that. How do I go about fixing this?

Im pretty technically savvy, so should be able to do it myself.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back