Central heating hot water resevoir

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am thinking of upgrading my central heating system as I hate waking up to a cold house, especially in winter.

Currently I have a Evergreen Holly ST1017 which heats my hot water tank and my central heating, eventually, it takes a while to warm the central heating. The back boiler is like an inverted L and seems in efficient to me.

I have had the boiler on at a good hot temperature, however the rads dont get hot untill the fire is blasting, by this time i dont need rads!

I am thinking, since the hot water (for washing, baths etc) is stored, is it possible to store hot water for my radiators in another large tank, so when I put the heating on in the morning there is almost instant heat, and then when I can put the fire on to re heat this tank.

It is either the above or buy a new efficient stove so when the stove ticks over at night at a low temperature, this heat is absorbed and transferred to the rads, and the stove doesnt need to be blasting to heat up my central heating.

There is no flue dampner in my flue. Would one of these keep the heat in?

Is the above possible?

Thank You

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back