Central heating Pipe thermostat setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope i can get a bit of advice, im running a woodburning stove which runs rads and heats hot water, i dont really want the rads to kick in in this hot weather, so can i set the pipe stat a bit higher say 70 deg usually kicks in at 60 deg and starts the central heating pump but dont need that in summer so really just need the hot tank to get hot but dont want the central heating pump to kick in unless the system gets overly hot, any problems with this?

Sponsored Links
Normally, the high limit pipe stat would be set to 80°C, not 60°C, so your proposed set point of 70°C would be fine, subject to any contrary information in the boiler manufacturer's documentation.

However, bear in mind that the higher the temperature of hot water in the cylinder, the more readily scale will be deposited.

Thanks for the quick reply, i will just see how things go with the stat set to 70deg, thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back